Wednesday, July 25, 2007

it's been a long time

So I made it back this morning from Jimunai which is a couple miles from the Kazakhstan border in northern XJ. I had an amazing visit with a friend from a couple years ago. I finally got refreshed after spending some time with her and I am in a much better state emotionally, spiritually and physically. She is Kazakh and I stayed with her family in their home. I can't understand kazakh too well yet, but most everyone else can understand my uyghur. My friend says Kazakh is like baby uyghur, and I think I understand more what he means by that. They always use the informal / intimate / rude pronoun for "you" so it ends up sounding like everyone is talking to a little kid all the time. I don't get the full feeling of that because I can't really understand tone of voice in Uyghur yet, but some day

Anyways, there are some new pictures up.

Same place as always

No comments: