Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Here is Wuxi

I have, in fact, made it to China. After a long 3 days of travelling, I met up with my friend Sonny in Wuxi. I got a ride from my fellow traveller to Wuxi, so I missed Shanghai completely, except seeing the Pu Dong skyline at night which was pretty. But I don't have a whole lot of time right now at the internet cafe, but I am doing well and staying at my friends apartment in an area of Wuxi that doesn't see so many foreigners. Sonny and I have a running joke between us that I am scaring people when they see me. I have unsuccessfully tried to scare people into TaiHu, a large lake in the city. It was quite beautiful and much more green than any other place I've been in China. I guess I may just not be as scary as I thought. I hope you all are doing well. I will be in Urumqi on Sunday night--I leave Friday night from here.

Sonny and I at the internet cafe

No comments: