Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Today's activities

So I stayed up late working on my Mandarin homework and managed to sleep through class because of it. That is really kind of sad because it just makes the whole thing not very useful. I don't turn in my homework and I don't learn more in class. So I'm running a bit low on money these days. I think I am not going to take Chinese next semester and instead learn on my own. I think I can learn much faster by myself without some of the slow classmates. I can meet with native speakers more often as well. I will try this over winter break to see if I can handle it. I may only take 6 credit hours next semester--Uyghur and a linguistics course. We'll see. That will give me more time to work on Mandarin and Japanese outside of school.

Tonight I am running sound at my friends', Matt and John, concert at a bar. It starts at 11pm which is a bit too late. I have to work at 8am, but it should be okay. Another week of lower sleep, but the semester is almost over.

A Turkish guy is looking for an American roommate. I am thinking about this.

I could go to Germany for $200 in January, Turkey for $500. I have to use my airline vouchers soon, but I don't have that extra money right now. I bet it kind of sucks during the winter, but maybe not so bad. Hmmm.....

No comments: