Wednesday, December 5, 2007

strange dream

So last night, I woke up about 2 AM after having woken from one of the oddest dreams I've ever had in my life. I wish I would have written it down whenever I woke up, but I thought about parts of it as carefully as I could before I went back to sleep, so I remember some parts of it.

here we go....remember, this is a dream, and it's wonky

Apparently, a brand new extravagant building had been built in Lawrence--just the sort of building that is not at all likely to be built in Lawrence. This was made by some sort of church or for some organization. So there was some kind of ceremony at this building that I went to with a lot of people. The architecture of the building is difficult to me to describe, but it seemed open in the middle with two sides with a balcony

Dream Building


This thing was ginormous. The drawing doesn't really do it justice, nor is it quite accurate, but I felt like messing around in sketchup. And I was standing up on one of the balconies up at top on a kind of tower cylinder thing. But there was a speaker at the ceremony. I remember nothing other than being quite bored with the speaker and noting how exceptionally nothing was really said, just empty words. Then the platform I was on started to fall, and other parts of the building quickly lowered to the ground. It changed the shape, but I was falling into a hole. I managed to grasp the edge and pull myself out. Then I went back home feeling quite out of my element.

I started talking to some of my friends and I found that a lot of people were acting very strangely. I think most people in town had gone to this event, and rather than finding it rather meaningless, they found it incredibly satisfying, and couldn't stop talking about it. Two of my friends especially seemed really really happy, and were talking about it, but their words were as empty as the ones I heard before. Strangely, their words seemed a little convincing, but there was something that didn't didn't settle so well in my gut. I told them I found the speaker to be rather boring, but they got upset when I said that. I felt like I should be more cautious about what I say. Most of them had sort of a dreamy eyed expression on their faces.

I ran into a guy from my church, and started talking to him. He told me that he was going to have one of our friends (who is an international student) over to dinner. He said he invited a government agent over to try to expose our friend for who she really is. Hearing this sort of thing shocked me, but I just kind of mumbled something like "oh....ok...good." I started to feel like everyone was in some sort of hypnosis. That they were super obsessed with this new group here and whatever the speaker had said. I really wasn't sure what to do, except try to find someone who also wasn't affected by it. Why was I not so affected by it when other people were? What was going on?

When people would stop to ask me about how I was feeling and what I thought about that speaker, I was starting to get really worried....

And then I woke up.

um, okay. What's going on again?

No comments: